Join 706 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- First drafts: allowing the worm to navigate the soils of your mind
- The boy whose butter I ate: writing from the inside out
- All a writer can ask
- Throwing away material without a sense of failure
- Playful child and iron teacher: the two halves of the writer
- What happens when a character’s skirt gets hitched in her knickers?
- It’s an anxious job, pulling out of the comfort zone
- Write of things you love
- Try to get ahead too fast and you might end up with your trousers round your ankles
what I've seen recently
No Instagram images were found.
Older posts for the really keen
TweetiesTweets by gabrielablandy
Tag Archives: Perth
This is the year to land on your feet!
New Year’s Eve 2011, Dan and I are on a bus from Mount Barker to Perth. It’s full. People are already drinking, even though it’s not yet midday. Outside, the sun is vivid, passing through the window with ease, warming … Continue reading
Posted in Memoir Tagged Australia, Cherry Picker, Fire Engine, Freemantle, Gabriela Blandy, how to write, Humour, Locked out, Luck, Memoir, New Year's Eve, Perth, Travel, Western Australia, Writing 30 Comments