Top Posts & Pages
- First drafts: allowing the worm to navigate the soils of your mind
- The boy whose butter I ate: writing from the inside out
- All a writer can ask
- Throwing away material without a sense of failure
- Playful child and iron teacher: the two halves of the writer
- What happens when a character’s skirt gets hitched in her knickers?
- It’s an anxious job, pulling out of the comfort zone
- Write of things you love
- Try to get ahead too fast and you might end up with your trousers round your ankles
what I've seen recentlyIf you are not scared of the voices inside you, you will not dread the critics outside you. Anyhow, those internal voices are just the gatekeepers, protecting the profound creative mind that exists within you. . . . #writer #meditate #amwriting #writing #lifecoaching #lifecoach #write #writenomatterwhat #writenow #presenceYesterday, a friend said, 'I'm not very good at meditating,' so I wanted to say that, sitting and noticing how bloody busy your mind is is not a sign that you can't do it. As soon as you're aware that you're not in the moment, that's when you're in the moment, baby! . . . #lifecoaching #lifecoach #amwriting #writer #presence #meditation #howtomeditate #meditateWhen you walk the writers' path you have a chance to meet yourself along the way and become intimate with your soul. . . . #amwriting #writer #lifecoaching #writenow #write #lifecoach #freewriting
Older posts for the really keen
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: December 2012
The first Christmas I remember, I was four. My dad was working on a project in Malawi to develop coffee production for those with smallholdings. My mother took me and my brother out to Africa for the holidays. (This is … Continue reading
Dan and I are walking over the bridge to the bus stop. It’s not yet six o’clock, but the winter darkness has the river hidden. Only the streetlights can cut through the black, casting golden beams across the sodden streets. … Continue reading