Join 706 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- First drafts: allowing the worm to navigate the soils of your mind
- The boy whose butter I ate: writing from the inside out
- All a writer can ask
- Throwing away material without a sense of failure
- Playful child and iron teacher: the two halves of the writer
- What happens when a character’s skirt gets hitched in her knickers?
- It’s an anxious job, pulling out of the comfort zone
- Write of things you love
- Try to get ahead too fast and you might end up with your trousers round your ankles
what I've seen recently
No Instagram images were found.
Older posts for the really keen
TweetiesTweets by gabrielablandy
Tag Archives: forgiveness
Does anyone else feel guilty when they see a police car?
When I was seven, I told my mother I wanted a willy. It looked so much easier for my brother. On family walks, having to squat down in the grass, I would often pee all over myself, or down the back … Continue reading
Posted in Essay, Memoir Tagged comfort, denial, forgiveness, Gabriela Blandy, how to write, Memoir, memories, pain barrier, shame, Writer's block, Writers Resources, Writing, Writing process 18 Comments