Join 706 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- First drafts: allowing the worm to navigate the soils of your mind
- The boy whose butter I ate: writing from the inside out
- All a writer can ask
- Throwing away material without a sense of failure
- Playful child and iron teacher: the two halves of the writer
- What happens when a character’s skirt gets hitched in her knickers?
- It’s an anxious job, pulling out of the comfort zone
- Write of things you love
- Try to get ahead too fast and you might end up with your trousers round your ankles
what I've seen recently
No Instagram images were found.
Older posts for the really keen
- I've been going over old stories and essays I wrote a few years ago. Am finding the editing process SO much easier… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- I've found patience once of the hardest things to cultivate, I have to admit. This is such an inspiring piece on wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Ludwig Börne
The art of becoming an original writer in three days!
We talk about that first ‘bite’ we get as a writer, the first punch of an idea. Something catches our eye – a painting, or a conversation between two people across the room. We watch. Suddenly we start to imagine … Continue reading